Looking Glass 65"
This is the setup guide for the Looking Glass 65"
Follow the Hardware Setup Guide that came with your Looking Glass 65". Download a copy here:
Looking Glass 65 Desktop Setup.pdf
Looking Glass Bridge, Looking Glass Studio, and some demo applications are already installed and ready to use on PCs purchased directly from Looking Glass Factory.
- 1 x Looking Glass 65" w/ desktop stand attached
- Power cables (regionally specific)
- 2 x DisplayPort cables w/o latches - 71" / 180cm
- 1 x USB 3.0 A to B cable - 71" / 180cm
- 2 x Microfiber cleaning cloth
- 1 x M4 Hex key
- 1 x M5 Hex key
- 1 x Custom molded aluminum hard carrying case
- (PC Bundle only) External 3090 / 4080 PC with a secondary 15.6" touchscreen monitor for app control, wireless keyboard and mouse set, Leap Motion controller
Clean your Looking Glass 65" only with the included microfiber cloths.
Do not clean with other cleaning agents or rubbing alcohol as this will damage the front surface of the display.
For best performance, your PC must meet the following minimum recommended specs:
- 9th Gen i7 CPU or equivalent
- Min. 16GB RAM
- Min. 256GB SSD storage
- RTX 3090 or equivalent (Note: graphics card must support 2x DisplayPort and output 7680 x 4320 resolution)
When setting up your Looking Glass 65" display alongside your secondary monitor (recommended) to use at the UI screen, ensure the following:
- The Looking Glass 65" and secondary monitor should be extended, not mirrored.
- The Looking Glass 65" should be scaled at 100%
- The secondary monitor should be set as your "primary display"
This setup will allow for you to seamlessly control your applications and content from the secondary display with the holographic content running on your Looking Glass 32".
Looking Glass Bridge facilitates communication between your computer and any connected Looking Glass devices. Required for Looking Glass applications and development tools. Download Looking Glass Bridge here. Download Looking Glass Bridge
This simple test can be run to ensure that hardware is connected, and software is installed and configured:
When the above button is pressed, your Looking Glass 65" should show a 3D image of Shawn from Looking Glass. To close this image, move your mouse over to the Looking Glass and click the ESC key on the keyboard.
If the hologram appears with diagonal lines, there is an error loading the calibration data. Please retry the setup steps above to ensure it is properly configured, double check that all cables are plugged in and that your monitor settings are correct.
Looking Glass Studio is the hologram companion app for your Looking Glass 32". With it, you can import holograms from a variety of sources, make minor edits to any hologram you create.
- Importing hologram data from a variety of sources (iPhone Portrait mode photos, light field photosets, RGB-D photos & videos, etc)
- Editing and framing your holographic content
- Exporting and sharing holograms with others
Some applications are controllable via the Leap Motion hand tracking hardware (included in the PC bundle). To use these features, download and install the V5 (Gemini) version of the Desktop SDK.
🤏🏼Ultraleap software is already installed on computers purchased directly from Looking Glass.
Once the Leap Motion Controller is plugged in and the Ultraleap Gemini tracking is installed, launch the Ultraleap sensor setup & load the Ultraleap Tracking Software.
Quilts are pre-loaded into Looking Glass Studio on PC bundles purchased directly from Looking Glass.
The following applications demonstrate the features / capabilities of the Looking Glass 65" Display and are preinstalled on the Looking Glass 65" PC.
🤏🏼Leap Motion Enabled
Jet Engine is a CAD presentation of complex 3D models, gesture control/explode to show complex structures to show internally and to clients.
- Left Hand - X-ray through model
- Right-Hand - Rotate the model
- Both-Hands Together - Explode View
If your PC is not switching on when connected to the Looking Glass 65" Display
Note that when you setup + switch on the PC, avoid having all peripherals connected at once. Only have the secondary screen connected.
Then, after setup, you can connect all the other accessories. This is to prevent the PC from drawing too much power at once.
If you notice that your demos seem to be running to the left side of the display and there is something wrong with how they look
Reset the Looking Glass display with the on & off with the side power button.
If you notice that some media in Looking Glass Studio is running at a slower frame rate
This could be for one of two reasons. The first is to ensure that you have Vertical Sync enabled ->
Second, ensure that the graphics card is targeting all the applications that you've installed including the web browser you're using (we recommend Chrome). For a detailed breakdown of how to set this for your PC, follow this guide here.
If USB-C ports on the back of the 65" PC aren't functioning properly.
Install the latest chipset drivers for the intel compute element. This only applies to the 65" PC purchased from Looking Glass Factory.