iPhone Portrait Photos
Looking Glass Studio can make holograms from some iPhone portrait mode photos.
Note: Looking Glass Studio does not yet support HEIC photos. In your iPhone, browse to
Settings -> Camera -> Formatsand selecting
Most Compatibleto take photos in .jpg. If you have already shot HEIC photos, browse to
Settings -> Photos -> Transfer to Mac or PCand select
Automaticto transfer photos as .jpg.
When transferring iPhone Portrait Mode photos to your computer, you can use any of the following transfer methods:
- the Native iPhone mail app (Make sure to send "Actual Size")
- Google Photos (if syncing full quality photos)
- Android Gmail
Do not use the iPhone Gmail App as it will delete depth data in the transfer.
To import Portrait photos into Looking Glass Studio you can:
- Drag & Drop the file into Looking Glass Studio, then select the iPhone Portrait Photo option.
- Select the "Add Hologram" tab and click anywhere on the panel, this will open a file explorer window where you can select the photo(s) you want to import.
- Depthiness changes how depth / flat the hologram appears.
- Focus changes which depth plane is in focus for the hologram.
- To pan and zoom, place your cursor in the Looking Glass Portrait window and scroll wheel to zoom, and click and drag to pan.