What’s in the Box
Your 15.6" Pro Looking Glass package includes the following:
- Carrying Case
- 15.6" Pro Looking Glass
- 19.5VDC 230 Watt Power Adapter
- Microfiber Cloth
- Leap Motion
- USB-C Cable (For optional external computer)
- HDMI Cable (For optional external computer)
The 15.6" Pro comes with an integrated Intel NUC 8 VR NUC8i7HVK computer, with the following specs
- Intel Core i7 CPU, 3.1GHz
- 8GB Ram
- Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics
- Windows Pro
Cleaning note: Please take care to clean your Looking Glass only with the included microfiber cloth. Do not clean with other cleaning agents or alcohol.
Attaching the Baseplate
Your 15.6" Pro comes with a baseplate. To avoid damaging the glass surface of your 15.6" Pro, we recommend installing the baseplate as follows. No tools needed!
- Ensure the Foldout 2D Display is fully closed before attaching baseplate
- Place cardboard or foam on the edge of a flat surface to protect back of the 15.6" Pro
- Place the 15.6" Pro face-up on the cardboard or foam.
- Leave enough room to slide the base plate from underneath (black side facing out).
- Align the three screws with the three holes.
- When aligned, push the plate up. You should hear a soft "click".
Once the baseplate is firmly attached, carefully lift the 15.6" Pro and set it upright on a flat stable surface.
Operating the Foldout 2D Display
- Push in the locking tab if popped out
- Pull the screen out until you hear it lock in place
- Pull out the locking tab
- Push the screen back until you hear it lock in place
- Plug the power adapter into the power socket below the Foldout 2D Display. Plug the other end into a power outlet.
- Press the ON/OFF button located on the other end of the 15.6" Pro
Illuminating the LEDs
On the back face of the 15.6" Pro, there is a button that toggles whether or not the LEDs illuminate the framing. This button is only accessible when the Foldout 2D Display is in the open position. Though there are rare exceptions, we suggest that the LEDs stay on, as the framing grounds the content inside the Looking Glass and creates a more convincing image.
When you start the 15.6" Pro the first time, it will run a demo app upon startup. Tap and drag on the Looking Glass display to explore the scene. Tap the UI on the Foldout 2D Display to interact with the scene as well. You may skip the demo app by pressing the "Skip" button on the Foldout 2D Display.
The 15.6" Pro supports the following interaction:
- Multi-touch interaction on the Looking Glass Display
- Multi-touch interaction on the 2D Touchscreen
- 4 hardware buttons (⏹ ◀ ▶ ⏺) underneath the Looking Glass Display
Additionally, accessories attached via USB or Bluetooth unlock new interactions:
- Hand tracking interaction for supported apps with the Leap Motion
- Mouse and Keyboard (not included)
Setting up WiFi
Tap on the "WiFi" icon in the lower right hand corner of the 2D Touchscreen to open the WiFi menu. Select the network you'd like to connect to and enter your password using the touch keyboard that pops up. Note: Some users will find it easier to sign onto WiFi by plugging in a mouse and keyboard and using those as input devices instead of the 2D Touchscreen.
To open the Library from the Desktop, double tap on the "Library" icon on the desktop of the 2D Touchscreen.
The greater Looking Glass community has developed many useful apps and tools that are available to experience for free in the Library.
To exit the Library and go to Desktop Mode, go to More Options → Quit the Library → Yes
NOTE: Some applications in the Library assume that a mouse and keyboard are attached. If you need to back out of any application or menu, either:
- Press "Esc" on a keyboard attached to the 15.6" Pro
- Tap the touchscreen on the Foldout 2D Display while holding down the ⏹ button
There are two different ways you can develop on the 15.6" Pro: (1) with an external computer as the host machine, or (2) with the integrated computer as the host machine.
Developing on an external computer
When developing from an external computer, treat the 15.6" Pro as a 15.6" developer kit. Before you begin, ensure your external development computer meets the 15.6" developer kit system requirements
- The 15.6" Pro should be off whenever connecting / disconnecting an external computer
- Connect the computer to the USB-C port on the Development Ports side of the back of the 15.6" Pro (see diagram)
- Connect the computer to the HDMI port on the Development Ports side of the back of the 15.6" Pro (see diagram)
Once both of these are hooked up, the 15.6" Pro will know to be driven by the external computer. Set up your external computer as if it were connected to a 15.6" devkit, as per these instructions.
Developing on the integrated computer
The 15.6" Pro includes an integrated Intel NUC, behind the display. If you would like to develop with this computer, treat the 15.6" Pro as if it were a desktop computer tower.
- Connect a conventional 2D monitor to the HDMI port on the Integrated Computer Ports side of the back of the 15.6" Pro (see diagram)
- Connect a mouse and keyboard over USB to the Integrated Computer Ports side of the back of the 15.6" Pro (see diagram)
To develop an app that uses the Foldout 2D Display, you must use
To develop an app that does not use the Foldout 2D display, you may use any of our SDKs, including:
Auto-Launching an Application
The 15.6" Pro can be configured to Auto-Launch your application upon system startup. This is handled through the "LKGLAUNCH" disk drive, which by default is connected to the integrated computer. An external development computer will gain control to this drive when it connects to the 15.6" Pro over USB.
To take advantage of this feature:
- Build the application
If developing on an external computer, transfer the application to the integrated computer:
- Copy the application to the "LKGLAUNCH" drive
- Disconnect the external computer
- Turn on the 15.6" Pro
- Open the "LKGLAUNCH" drive from the integrated computer and move the files somewhere else (the Desktop is fine)
From the integrated computer, create a shortcut of your application:
- If using a mouse, right click your application icon and select "Create shortcut" from the context menu
- If using the touch screen, press and hold your application icon, release, and select "Create shortcut" from the context menu
Drag the shortcut into the "LaunchOnStart" directory of the "LKGLAUNCH" drive
If the "LKGLAUNCH" drive is ever undetected from either system, it can be reseated by turning off the 15.6" Pro (if it is on), unplugging the power cable, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging back in.
For further support, please reach out to one of our support specialists by emailing [email protected].